TIER is here to change mobility for good. We believe it’s time to make space for the actual inhabitants of cities, you! Take back your city and opt for a conscious and convenient way to move. Follow your instincts, rediscover the joy of movement and pave the way for a clean, car-free future.
Download the app first and sign up to start your ride. To download the TIER app, simply click here.
Find a TIER near you and scan or tap to unlock.
Place one foot on the footboard, hands on the handlebar and push-off 3-4 times with your foot to get going. Place both feet on footboard when you’re ready to accelerate and start your ride.
Use the right lever to gain speed and the left lever, left-hand brake, or back foot-brake to slow down. Please be aware that the new TIER scooters do not allow backfoot braking. Do not exceed the speed limit of your city. Slow down when going downhill and never exceed 20km/h.
Wear a helmet, be attentive and ride smart. Watch out for large vehicles, do not drive in blind spots, and always be focused and aware of your surroundings.
Please park responsibly. Park your TIER scooter within our business zone displayed on the map in the app. Don’t block public pathways, public transportation stops, or driveways and always park your scooter upright.
Did you get where you want to go? End your ride by tapping the button. Thanks for riding.
For more info, click here.
If you are having issues with starting your rental please go through the following steps to unlock your TIER and enjoy your ride.
- Find, select and tap the scooter you want to unlock on the map. Tap on “Start Ride” to confirm.
- Is your scooter unlocked? If the lights and display are on, then your TIER is ready to ride.
- To start riding you’ll need to get your TIER rolling first. Push off with your foot 3-4 times to get going and place both feet on the footboard when you’re ready to accelerate. Press down on the right lever to gain speed.
- We advise you to not to press all the way down your first time riding.
- If after following these steps you are still facing issues please get in contact with our customer support here. Please use the email address you used to register with our app and include the scooter ID in your message.
Are you sure you’re inside the business zone? The business zone is marked by the green border on the app.
Please check if you are unsure. Rentals outside of the zone cannot be ended. You might also be unable to end your ride if you find yourself on the border. Please repark and end your ride once fully inside the business zone.
Are you sure you’re not in a no parking area? The no parking areas are the red zones visible on the map.
Please check if you are unsure. You might also be unable to end your ride if you find yourself on the border of the no parking area. Please repark and try again.
Once you’ve found a suitable parking spot, open the app and tap “End Ride” once to end and a second time to confirm.
If after following these steps you are still facing issues, please don’t worry. Simply contact us using the contact form here. Please use the email address you used to register with our app and include the scooter ID as well as the time you first tried to end your ride.
Please don’t worry, we’ll take care of it. Simply contact us using the contact form here. Please provide us with the email address you registered with and the scooter ID.
Please don’t worry, we’ll take care of it. Simply contact us using the contact form here. Please provide us with the email address you registered with, the scooter ID, and the time you first tried to finish your ride.
- An account is automatically blocked by our system due to unpaid bills. We kindly ask you to balance your credit and/or contact your bank.
- Once resolved, please contact us here using the email registered to your TIER account to charge your credit card again. If the payment was successful, you will automatically be unblocked and able to ride again with TIER.
- If you cannot locate a TIER scooter as indicated on the map use the bell feature to make it ring.
- If a scooter is not shown on the map, then this scooter is not available for rental.
- Renting a scooter is only possible within our operating hours from 7 am to 10 pm (the time may vary from city to city)
You can sign up within seconds:
- Download the TIER app in the Apple or GooglePlay Store
- Create an account with your phone number
- Add your credit card details
- You’re ready to ride!
Find a TIER near you and scan or tap to unlock. Place one foot on the footboard, hands on the handlebar and push-off with your foot 3-4 times to get going. Place both feet on the footboard when you’re ready to accelerate. Press down on the right lever to gain speed. We advise you not to press all the way down your first time riding.
When slowing down, please be aware of the scooter model you are riding. All TIER scooters allow braking by using the left-hand brake or lever, however; only older models also allow back-foot braking.
If you have reached your destination and want to park your TIER. Please make sure that:
- You are inside the business zone. This is marked by a green border on the map.
- You are not in a no parking area. This is marked by the red zone on the map.
- Your parking does not block public pathways, public transportation stops, driveways or building entrances of any kind.
- You do not park on private property or in backyards.
Make sure you are inside the business zone: this is marked by a green border on the map.
You are not in a no parking area: this is marked by the red zone on the map
Push the kickstand down. Open up the app and tap ‘End Ride’ once to end and a second time to confirm.
Having issues ending your ride? Go to section “I cannot end my ride”.
We are currently in the process of improving our app. Some features may not be available. For the best user experience, be sure to always have the latest version of the app.
Our TIER fleet is available everyday from 7 am to 10 pm – with some small local exceptions.
Go to “In which cities can I ride a TIER?” if you want to see the exact operating hours in your city.
Our customer support team is available every day from 8 am – 8 pm (CET). Click here to contact us.
You can ride your TIER within the permitted TIER business zone during the regular operating hours. The business zone is marked by a green border on the map.
Basel 7:00 – 21:00
Copenhagen 7:00 – 22:00
Göteborg 6:00 – 22:00
Helsinki 7:00 – 22:00
Innsbruck 6:00 – 20:00
Klagenfurt 7:00 – 22:00
Linz 7:00 – 22:00
Lisbon 7:00 – 23:00
Lund 7:00 – 22:00
Lyon 8:00 – 20:00
Madrid 7:00 – 23:00
Malaga 7:00 – 23:00
Malmö 7:00 – 22:00 (Fr. & Sa. till 00:00)
Marseille 7:00 – 22:00
Oslo 7:00 – 22:00
Paris 7:00 – 22:00
Stockholm 6:00 – 22:00
Tampere 7:00 – 22:00
Vienna 7:00 – 22:00
Villach 7:00 – 22:00
Zurich 7:00 – 22:00
The price for a TIER ride consists of a fixed activation fee and a minute price.*
(*prices incl. VAT)
You can update and change your payment information in the payment section of the app.
We could not pre-authorise your credit card. Please add a credit card which allows pre-authorisation. After adding your new card you can start riding!
To keep you and our communities safe, every rider needs to abide by the following rules:
- Follow local traffic laws.
- Be 18 years or older.
- Be attentive and ride smart. Watch out for large vehicles, do not drive in blind spots, and always be focused and aware of your surroundings, the traffic and pedestrians.
- Wear a helmet. Wearing a helmet is essential for safe riding.
- One person per scooter. No exceptions.
Before every ride do a safety-check:
- Are the brakes working? Pump them to make sure.
- Are the tires undamaged? What about the overall scooter?
- Do the lights work?
- Before your ride, we will also show educational videos in the app. Pay close attention and you’re ready to ride safely.
Be sure to always follow traffic laws. Make room for pedestrians, drive on the right side of the street, give hand signals as you would on a bike, and stop at red traffic lights.
Be attentive and ride smart. Watch out for large vehicles, do not drive in blind spots, and always be focused and aware of your surroundings, the traffic and pedestrians.
After reaching your destination, please park and end your ride. Park responsibly and ensure your scooter is within our business zone displayed on the map in the app. Don’t block public pathways, public transportation stops, or driveways and always park your scooter upright.
If you are injured, please immediately call your local emergency services. If any third parties are involved in an accident, contact your local police to report the case.
Once you are back up on your feet, please contact us and we will gladly assist.
If any of your belongings have been damaged, kindly send a full report including invoices, the scooter ID, pictures and a description of the incident to us here.
TIER provides the insurance associated with the vehicles as required by applicable law.
In Denmark all TIER scooters are covered by a third party insurance via Topdanmark. Find further information here.
In Norway all TIER scooters are covered by a third party insurance via AXA Germany. Find further information here.