we are here
How TIER is acting amid the global COVID-19 pandemic
In light of the Covid-19 Pandemic that is affecting nations globally, TIER is providing an overview of our current policy on the situation and the measures that we have implemented so far, in order to secure safe modes of transportation in the cities and contribute to governmental and societal efforts to address this pandemic together.
The status of our operations and service availability in all markets
As we continuously monitor the situation, we see a need for safe forms of transportation in cities during these times of social distancing. There are still people who have to commute, in particular people in the healthcare sector or people working in stores that provide necessary goods. We are therefore still keeping a reduced fleet active in Germany, France, Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland.
In some markets, we have temporarily paused our operations to support the respective governmental guidelines. This applies to Italy, Spain, Switzerland, Austria and the UAE. We will offer our service in these countries again as soon as the situation allows us to do so.
All changes to our operations are being done in open dialogue with the city authorities. We have also adjusted our operations to enable rapid response times to any upcoming changes to our service availability or due to requests from city authorities.
Overcoming this is a collective effort of all members of every community and TIER is investigating how best to support the public, aid, and private services when and however possible.
The safety of our users and teams is our top priority. Hence, we are taking extensive precautionary measures, following WHO guidelines as well as local policies. These are some of the key measures we have taken so far:
- Every scooter that undergoes a battery swapping and health check is simultaneously disinfected in all areas where a rider’s hands come into contact with the vehicle.
- Scooters undergoing maintenance and repairs at our warehouses are cleaned and disinfected, before being approved as safe to re-enter the active fleet and thereafter redeployed.
- Guidelines on employee and warehouse hygiene are shared with our city teams, and enforced under the supervision of our city and country managers.
- All our city team members are trained on the proper etiquette of hand-washing, hygiene and safe handling of our e-scooters.
- The shifts of our city teams where we are remaining open have been staggered, to reduce human-to-human contact to a bare minimum in our daily operations.
- We are communicating health and safety guidelines to our users via in-app notification messaging, social media, and this webpage.
- Office staff works remotely where- and whenever possible and are receiving regular guidelines and updates from our Employee Safety team.
Information on protection measures against Covid-19 for our users and community
We recommend all people in our TIER community to keep regularly updated with the guidelines of the World Health Organisation and global best practices to prevent the spread and help governments flatten the curve.
For direct information from the World Health Organisation, please visit: www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019
Guidelines for reducing Covid-19 spread and protecting yourself from exposure
- Whenever possible, remain at home unless essential, and practice social distancing under all circumstances
- Regularly wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand-sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth as much as possible and especially with unwashed hands
- Sneeze or cough into the bend of your elbow and away from other people or surfaces; or cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue and immediately throw the tissue away
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects
- if you are feeling any symptoms, self-quarantine for a period of 14 days and notify your local health authority under the guidelines issued in your country or city
We’ll get through these extraordinary times.
Not hand in hand in this case, but with mindfulness, care and solidarity.